Showing all 2 results
Types of Skin Cancer
There are 4 main types of skin cancer
Basal cell carcinoma: Skin cancer that start in the top layer of skin (the epidermis), and are often related to sun exposure.
Squamous cell carcinoma: Skin cancer that develops when melanocytes (the cells that give the skin its tan or brown color) start to grow out of control.
Melanoma: A rare type of skin cancer that starts when cells in the skin called Merkel cells start to grow out of control. MCC tends to grow quickly and can be hard to treat if it spreads beyond the skin.
Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC)
Other, much less common types of skin cancer include:
- Kaposi sarcoma
- Lymphoma of the skin
- Skin adnexal tumors (tumors that start in the hair follicles or skin glands)
- Various types of sarcomas
Treatment of Skin Cancer
- Surgery for Skin Cancer
- Radiation Therapy for Skin Cancer
- Chemotherapy for Skin Cancer
- Targeted Therapy for Skin Cancer
- Immunotherapy for Skin Cancer